CHETI PROGRAM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Positively impacted more than 2,000 individuals within the Arusha Region — including students, staff, parents and community members.
- Facilitated the construction of 8 classrooms and 4 facilities at CHETI School.
- Enabled the purchase of 2 acres of land and 3 school buses.
- Provided HIV tests for more than 90 students.
- Selected as a Regional Finalist as Best New Charity by Stay Classy in 2012.
- Sponsored 93 students in Nursery and Primary school — some students for their 3rd year.
- Hired a part-time team member for 3 months.
- Purchased and delivered thousands of text and reading books for 4 local schools.
- Prioritize hiring an individual on the ground to coordinate programs, manage finances, etc.
- Establish a working process with local partners — that both parties agree upon — prior to engaging in financial relationship.
- Ensure Board of Directors represents individuals from various industries and backgrounds — including those that have accomplished something similar to what you are looking to do.
- Establish 5-year growth plan in first year, including what happens if and when you grow faster than you expected.
- Identify pro-bono lawyer and accountant prior to launching 501(c)3 who can help establish proper processes.
- If not all of this is accomplished, consider nonprofit "sponsorship" prior to launching own 501c3. This enables donors to receive tax exempt receipts while ensuring all organizational "ducks" are in a row.
- Think like a business. Always.